About Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 COMPACT-SERVO Cinema Zoom Lens (EF Mount)
A revolution in video production. The Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is a new compact Cinema EOS lens with cine-servo functionality. This sits below cine-servo lenses and above EF lenses at an affordable price point.
The ergonomic design of the Canon CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S supports handheld shooting and is ideal for shooting documentaries, interviews, weddings, indie movies and corporate videos.
The lens strengthens Canon’s line of cine-servo lenses, following in the footsteps of the CN7x17 and CN20x50.
The lens includes a servo engine which is powered via EF mount connectors. For increased versatility, users can use the optional ZSG-C10, a dedicated zoom grip, ideal for use with hand held rigs.
Camera-to-lens communication is provided via EF mount, bringing powerful features such as chromatic aberration compensation and peripheral illumination correction. The EF mount also enables a number of other powerful features, including metadata acquisition and remote control options for fully automatic or manual control
*ZSG Zoom Grip sold separately – click here to buy
- Covers Super 35 / APS-C formats
- 18 to 80mm focal range (4.4x zoom ratio)
- Constant T4.4 (f/4) aperture
- Parfocal design to maintain focus during zoom
- Minimized focus breathing
- Cine-standard 0.8 MOD focus gear ring
- 0.5 MOD iris and zoom gear rings
- Focus ring rotates 180°
- Matching color characteristics to existing CN-E lenses
- 9-blade iris
- Iris closing
- Compact and lightweight design
- Servo Control Capability for all zoom, focus and iris
- Power provided via camera mount (from compatible cameras)
- Compatible with broadcast-style servo lens controllers, such as Canon ZSD-300D and FPD-400D
- Optional ZSG-C10 Grip for ENG-style control and shoulder mount applications
Functionality with Cinema EOS Cameras
- Auto focus function (Continuous AF, One-Shot AF, Focus Guide)
- Image Stabilization
- Remote control of zoom, focus and iris via camera
- REC start/stop from ZSG-C10 Grip
- Peripheral illumination correction
- Chromatic aberration correction
- Lens metadata record
- T-stop/F-stop number display select.