Sony just announced the availability of the Catalyst V2019.2. The new version of the post-production cross-platform will now support FX9’s workflow.
The main additional feature is image stabilisation metadata support. Early tests posted by FX9 users show incredible results correcting shakiness of footage. There will also be support for HDR-to-SDR image conversion and stitching together clips into a coherent workflow.
The full FX9 feature list is as follows:
Catalyst Browse & Prepare 2019V.2
- Added support for stabilizing FX9 clips using metadata.
- Improved workflow for exporting clips(color space/resolution/format).
- Changes ensure consistent HDR-to-SDR conversion with the HDRC-4000 HDR Production Converter Unit.
- Added support for VENICE X-OCN 4K 2.39:1 files.
- Improved application start-up times.
- Bug fixes.
Catalyst Prepare 2019V.2
- Added support for stitching multiple clips to create a single continuous clip.
- Added support for exporting custom metadata as a sidecar file.
- When formatting a disk for the PZW-4000, the XDROOT folder is no longer created by default.
- Added support for creating the XDROOT folder on a USB drive or SxS media.
- Added support for choosing a verification mode and hash type for copy verification.
Please download the new version here:
Details of new features as well as bug fixes, please reference the release note of the V2019.2.:
To find out more about the FX9 click the button below