Canon C300 Mark III. The next generation Canon EOS C300 Mark III incorporates Canon’s newly developed 4K Super 35mm DGO sensor. Comes with 4K 120P Slow motion, High Dynamic Range and Dual Pixel CMOS AF into the same body as the EOS C500 Mark II.
Canon EOS C300 Mark III Highlights
- Equipped with a newly developed 4K S35mm sensor and DIGIC DV7 image processor, the EOS C300 Mark III delivers an exceptional high-resolution image with 16+ stops of latitude. It also has an impressive low light capability, with improved low noise, of up to ISO 102,400 where the human eye cannot easily see. The DGO sensor is a newly-developed imaging system that generates HDR video by reading out each pixel with different gains. It combines images using pixels shot with a saturation-prioritising amplifier for bright areas. Also comes with a low noise-prioritising amplifier for darker areas, resulting in higher dynamic range. It is also compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- Canon EOS C300 Mark III supports continuous 4K recording at up to 120fps, both in Cinema RAW Light and XF-AVC. In 2K (crop) mode, frame rates from 12 fps up to 150 fps can also be set for greater creative freedom, while a dedicated Slow & Fast button, provides quick access to the desired Slow & Fast setting.
- Dual card slots enable simultaneous internal recording of 4K Cinema RAW Light files (10/12-bit) or 4K XF-AVC files (4:2:2 10-bit) onto CFexpress cards. XF-AVC supports ALL-I which delivers the best quality, and Long-GOP which enables longer recording times through higher compression. A Proxy can also be recorded onto an SD card, making editing work more efficient.
- The EOS C300 Mark III incorporates Electronic Image Stabilization (IS) into the camera body, supporting 5-axis camera shake correction. Even when used with lenses with no electronic lens communication, Electronic IS is possible by manually inputting the focal length.
- The EOS C300 Mark III provides support for optional interchangeable lens mounts for different project requirements. EF lens mount provides perfect compatibility with a huge range of Canon EF lenses. This includes the EF Cine Primes, while the optional PL mount supports the Cooke/i system. Additionally, B4 mount adapters are also available (for EF or PL mounts) to use with B4 lenses.
- Optional Extension Units offer a flexible modular design and configuration capability to cater for a variety of production requirements. Extension Unit 1 offers multi-camera support with a Genlock interface. Extension Unit 2 adds further interfaces, such as two more XLR inputs ideal for broadcast applications. Additionally comes with a V-Lock battery mount for extended recording times. The optional EVF Unit is ideal for hand-held use but also answers user’s demands to make it easily removable for gimbal applications.
- Approx. 1,750g lightweight body enables it to comfortably rig it with gimbals, hand-held rigs, making it ideal for various shooting conditions.